Re: Emacs development...

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Emacs development...
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 16:08:54 +0900

Eli, apologies for the very general aspect of my question.

In the first version of this mail I was mentioning that my understanding of the
development environment was not sufficient and made the study of the package.el
code difficult.

Right now, I use C-h f to find the function definitions and move around the
code.

But when I run package.el to test it, I'd like to have a way to examine the
values of variables as they evolve. Right now I use message and check the
*Messages* buffer... It is not ideal.

And there are probably a few other things that would make work easier but that
I am not aware of because I am not a developer.

Jean-Christophe

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com