Emacs development...

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Emacs development...
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 14:07:59 +0900

It just occurred to me that there was no section in the manual dedicated to
developing for emacs proper.

The CONTRIBUTE file is about administrative tasks.

Something like what the elisp intro is, but for general development.

For ex. is there a way to see the values of variables as I run the code, so
that I don't need to modify the values of "message" here and there to have
clues ?

What are the things I need to know and the basic steps to have a proper working
environment to develop for emacs?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com