Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 10:15:21 -0400

  > > It is indeed "security through obscurity".  But it is (a kind of)
  > > security nonetheless [...]

  > I can't help it. To me it smells of some semi-hidden variant of
  > "market control".

We can't tell what "their" intentions were, and indeed, those that
approved this spec may have had different intentions.  The companies
that implement the spec may have different intentions now.  And each
company may change its intentions in 2022 or 2023.

Thus. I think speculating about intentions is unprofitable.