Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: oauth2 support for Emacs email clients
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 10:20:06 +0100

On Tuesday,  3 Aug 2021 at 00:00, Roland Winkler wrote:
> I am asking because my institution uses MS Outlook.  Recently, they
> have disabled simple password-based authentication in favor of
> oauth2.  Now, using oauth2.el from GNU Elpa, I have got the basics
> (authentication and authorization) working.  This required some ugly
> configuration within MS Azure.  But I am still some distance away
> from a smooth workflow, say, using Gnus.

My institution did the same.  I use gnus.  The easiest solution, in the
end, for me was to install and run davmail to get my emails from the
institution.  I then use pop (could have used imap but I prefer pop in
any case) to get email from "localhost" running davmail.  Davmail takes
care of multi-factor authentication for me.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4.6 on Debian 11.0