Re: Dired C idea

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Dired C idea
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 10:12:33 -0400

  > It is even a little bit slower than the first rsync run. So I don't
  > know, whether there is really a performance boost when we use rsync for
  > local directory copies.

If the overall operation is pretty fast, it may not matter to make it
a little faster or a little slower.  Either way, it is not painful.
Using rsync in this case would be no significant benefit but also no
significant loss.

Copying large directories between disks can take many minutes.
rsync makes a big improvement in such cases.  If you copy with cp and
it dies, you've been screwed.  With rsync, you just continue it.