Re: cc-mode fontification feels random

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: cc-mode fontification feels random
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 23:17:26 +0300

On 09.06.2021 21:51, Daniel Colascione wrote:
And we shouldn't add user options to paper over bugs. That's ridiculous. I can't believe we really want to propose a "please make syntax highlighting wrong" user option.

If it's possible to add a user option to disable or enable the fontification of type references in CC Mode, and if its nil value would disable the additional parsing logic required to get that "mostly right", the result could make both Eli happy with increased performance, and you (together with a number of other users) happier with more predictable, yet less ambitious syntax highlighting.

And one could then optionally add TreeSitter on top of that.