Re: Should (buffer-list) ever return killed buffers?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should (buffer-list) ever return killed buffers?
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 15:55:54 -0400

>> I don't see how it explain anything.  The fact that it may quit doesn't
>> imply it can run timers or run arbitrary code which could lead to the
>> return value containing dead buffers.
> Even within `while-no-input'?

Yes, even with that.  "may quit" means just that: it can be interrupted
in the middle, but if so it won't return any list at all: it will
just quit.  So when it does return, it always returns a list and it has
not been interrupted by any `quit` along the way, and no other ELisp
code can have run in-between either.
AFAIK

        Stefan