Re: Should (buffer-list) ever return killed buffers?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should (buffer-list) ever return killed buffers?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 19:41:42 -0400

> Somehow it happens when `desktop-clear` is called from a timer and there
> is *Info* buffer out there, and apparently the one that is killed is
>
> "#<buffer  *info tag table*>"
>
> I'd like to know if this is a bug in `destop-clear`, `buffer-list`,
> info, or elsewhere?

I strongly suspect that the problem goes as follows:
- buffer-list returns a list of buffers that are all live (i.e. no bug
  there).
- while processing that list, some of its buffers die.
So I think the bug is in `desktop-clear` which should skip buffers that
have died between the call to `buffer-list` and the moment we get to
process them.

        Stefan "who hasn't looked at the code"