Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 09:31:56 -0700

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 9:29 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> Which faces are the those for which merge_faces was called 40 times,
> and which faces are those for which it was called 147,882 times.

I'll have to get back to you on the 40. The 147k appears to be
entirely line-number and line-number-current-line. If I had to guess,
Emacs is calling merge-faces with line-number and
line-number-current-line for every visible line at least once for
every scroll.

> Also, what did Emacs do when you collected these numbers, and in which
> buffer under what major mode?

emacs -Q src/xdisp.c with scroll-up-benchmark