Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 11:38:22 -0700

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 10:21 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Aaron Jensen <aaronjensen@gmail.com>
> > Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 10:06:35 -0700
> >
> > And for Eli, just to be sure it's not my theme causing issues w/ line
> > numbers on Emacs 28 here's a comparison using the default Emacs theme:
> > 5.45s w/ line numbers and 3.97s w/o
>
> Is this in "emacs -Q"?  And which file and in what major mode did you
> scroll through?

No, it was in my config. In emacs -Q the difference isn't as stark and
it's quite a bit faster which has me wondering what the heck in my
config could slow things down that much.

line numbers: 1.54s
no line numbers: 1.37s

Only 12% difference there, which is still something but not the 30% I
was seeing on my config.

The file is a private ruby file that's copy pasted enough times to
make it 11k lines long. I was using enh-ruby-mode with my config but
regular ruby-mode doesn't make any difference.

I'll see if I can track down what makes such a big difference in my config.