Re: master 289000e: Merge branch 'feature/native-comp' into trunk

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 289000e: Merge branch 'feature/native-comp' into trunk
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 23:25:28 +0300

> From: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 18:59:40 +0000
>
> >   In normal-top-level:
> >   startup.el:649:26: Warning: assignment to free variable
> > `comp-eln-load-path'
>
> Fixed, thanks.

Thanks, confirmed.

One thing that I think we should improve is that comp.el and
comp-cstr.el get native-compiled when COMPILE_FIRST files are
recompiled, but not when comp.el or comp-cstr.el are modified.  In the
latter case, they are just byte-compiled, leaving stale *.eln files in
native-lisp/.  This requires to compile them manually each time, an
annoyance.  I guess some Make wizardry is in order.