Re: Question collaborative editing - torify emacs

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing - torify emacs
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 20:20:28 +0300

* Qiantan Hong <qhong@mit.edu> [2020-10-28 19:57]:
> We were talking about the case when both users
> don’t have public accessible IP, neither VPS,
> then ssh, iodine and ptunnel falls out.
> Tuntox looks promising.
> Any preference between IPFS, Tuntox and Tor hidden service?

I have tried:

$ torify emacs

and Duckduckgo says: Your IP address is unavailable, great. Now I have
safety and allegedly no IP address. On the other website I could
obtain it.

I am not sure if Tor and torify would be changing the IP address
during the connection, that is something to be verified, if it is so,
then it is poor choice for collaborative editing.

Emacs browsing over Tor works well, and on the other side I found the
IP address.

You can try to torify emacs, open up server, tell me the IP address
(other websites will tell it) and I can try to connect.

--
Jean Louis