Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 08:50:16 +0300

> From: Qiantan Hong <qhong@mit.edu>
> Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2020 23:59:33 +0000
> Cc: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>, Fermin <fmfs@posteo.net>,
>  Caio Henrique <caiohcs0@gmail.com>, Noam Postavsky <npostavs@gmail.com>,
>  Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>, Karl Fogel <kfogel@red-bean.com>,
>  Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> I’ve tested it with my friends and the performance seems
> reasonable. Using LogootSplit algorithm, the number of
> text property changes are relatively small.

Can you show some numbers?  How small is "relatively small", and what
was the size of the buffer you measured that in and the number of
different sites that participated in the collaboration?  Also, did you
benchmark redisplay, say, scrolling the entire buffer, with and
without those text properties, and if so, what are the benchmark
results?

Thanks for working on this.