Re: Question collaborative editing - crdt.el, does it use SSL?

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing - crdt.el, does it use SSL?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 21:51:37 +0000

> All of those methods shall be tested and I can test it again with
> you, after testing it is possible to say something what works best.
>
> What we need is low latency speedy methods that do not break.
>
> All of connection methods should be mentioned in manual.
Also I think we can make it a lot easier for users if I put in
more Elisp code, and
- have a list of those method for server to choose from when creating
new session
- let the server copy a URI-style link and let crdt-connect recognize it
(e.g. tuntox://… ipfs://… onion://…)

> Stunnel is for securing the connection unless you already use secure
> connections, do you?
I haven’t, because I didn’t find a way to let Emacs network-process
server use TLS.
Setting up stunnel seems to require root?