Re: MELPA issues - Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: MELPA issues - Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 00:12:06 -0400

  > > babel - that uses non-free Babelfish translations (if I am mistaken
  > > tell me)
  > >
  > > calfw-gcal - to edit Google calendar

When you say that those things are non-free, what precisely does that
mean?  It might be a misunderstanding, because a service is neither
free nor proprietary.

Do these packages run any nonfree software or use some nonfree
collection of data?  Or are you referring to the fact that they send
commands to a service?

See https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/network-services-arent-free-or-nonfree.html.

--
Dr Richard Stallman