Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 22:20:56 +0200

Le ven. 16 oct. 2020 à 21:54, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> a écrit :

> * Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com> [2020-10-16 22:12]:
> > > The Reddit page is hidden propaganda, they said "they contacted
> > > emacs-devel but got no response" which is not true.
> >
> > Where exactly? The exact statement I find is this:
> >
> > > From there I got a lot of feedback around the set of questions itself but
> > > also how to distribute it. You can find the whole thread on the archives
> > > under "Proposal for an Emacs User Survey".
> >
> > That's quite far from "I got no response", so I'm curious as to which
> > message you refer to.
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/j6x7ad/proposal_for_an_emacs_user_survey/g820ywv/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I see, thanks. I was not looking for the correct thread or the correct
user. In any case, I believe that it refers to the suggestion he
posted below the remark, and not about the present survey suggestion:

> :How about creating a new function that generates a report of how a user has
> configured emacs. Various options, global-minor-modes, faces, etc, similar to
> what report-emacs-bug generates. Setup a separate email address to receive
> reports and automatically tabulate what the popular settings are."

I have not seen that thread, so I don't know can't comment about
whether they got responses or not.