Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 18:26:25 +0000

It does, but I don’t think it make sense to synchronize *every*
overlay/text property changes. For example, syntax highlight
can be done locally and doesn’t need to be synced over Internet.
I’m using hightlight-line and highlight-parenthesis, those overlay don’t
need to be synced as well. There has to be some customizable filtering
(I was filtering based on what command created the overlays).

BTW in my implementation we don’t need those hooks to track
marker advancing movements, because CRDT-IDs are attached
to buffer text. For a advancing marker I just need to locate it
with the CRDT-ID at the right of it and it’ll always stay in the correct
location.