Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 02:12:59 +0000

> Another question: According to the algorithm, what happens when both cursor
> are at the same place and one inserts text? Is the other cursor pushed
> forward or not?
Currently the other cursor will not be pushed forward. Any suggestion for
“better” behavior?
Also note that the cursor-treating part of version on this mailing list is not
very polished.
I’ve made some fixes and improvements on my local version, will post shortly.
The new version will also contain Unicode support and active user list.

> Very cool! If I try to run crdt-test-client when already connected, Emacs
> creates a new buffer and compains "Error in post-command-hook
> (crdt--post-command): (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)”. Any idea why?
Thanks for the report! I haven’t consider this case. What do you think is a
reasonable
behavior? Should it make a new connection?