Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 20:59:20 +0300

* Adrien Brochard <abrochard@gmx.com> [2020-10-08 20:51]:
> > Why not just create a simple HTML form with a captcha (not Google's
> > thing, but a simple library that generates an image)?

I am not using any captcha, simple HTML and server-side spam
blocking. For that, two activities are necessary:

- administrator to watch for eventual spam, and it will take time
  until spam starts coming

- adding list of keywords into the spam-definition

In Common lisp I have something like this that accepts CGI forms:

(defparameter *spam-sets*
  '(("gratitude" "website" "magnificent" "investigation")
    ("face" "mask" "coronavirus")
    ("face" "mask")
    ("blackhat.to")
    ("disposable" "mask")
    ("medical" "mask")
    ("mask" "protect")
    ("mask" "virus")))

Only if all keywords appear, the text is rejected.

In my opinion, it is better that administrator does administration
then having all users checked for "being human" and spending time with
the form.

Jean