Re: feature/icomplete-vertical

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: feature/icomplete-vertical
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 20:32:26 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> I think can understand some of Gregory's frustration.  If those problems
>> are real, it should be possible to showcase them.
> The second one was showcased by Gregory himself.

If I read that correctly that was a synthethic, not a real-life example.

> Sorry, I'm unable to encourage Gregory to understand the shortcomings,
> no matter how much I tried, I guess it's my fault.

It's not a question of "fault" or persuasion, it's a simple question
that code speaks louder than words: good examples can be taken through a
debugger and revealing where in actual code the shortcomings of a given
approach manifests themselves.

> Although it sounds like the same situation is repeating with Martin's
> advice regarding mini-window resizing, so maybe it isn't entirely my
> fault after all.

If I read correctly, Martin reinforced how non-trivial calculations
regarding mini-window sizing is, thus _strenghtening_ the case for
having a solution where the application isn't responsible for that, as
you suggest.

João