Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing - Wikipedia reference
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 23:40:57 -0500

Qiantan, I just tried out your code and I'm thrilled -- it worked!  By
"worked", I mean:

1) In my current Emacs instance, I loaded crdt.el, switched to a new
   buffer "foo", and ran `M-x crdt-test-server'.

2) Then I started a separate Emacs instance, loaded crdt.el, and ran
   `M-x crdt-test-client'.

3) From both Emacsen, any edit I made was immediately reflected in the
   other Emacs.  That's very promising!

I couldn't easily test simultaneous editing, of course, since there's only one
of me, but tomorrow I'll test that with a friend.

Are you doing this work in a public version-controlled repository?  If not,
would you like to?  I'd be happy to provide one.  (There are many places that
offer public Git hosting, of course; alas, not all of them run on free
software, but the one I provide does.)

While crdt.el is obviously still in an early stage, it's very promising!  I'm
happy to help test, and am sure others here would be too.

Best regards,
-Karl