Re: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 19:08:44 -0400

SK> You are the first person to say that `invocation-name' is important to
SK> keep.  Would like to expand on the use-case you have in mind, and why
SK> you think it is important to keep as the default?

partly inertia, i suppose.  although there have been times whe seeing
the version number in the window list helped quickly get to the emacs
i wanted.  back when my then laptop was only an x server, anyway.

(compile-from-srcdists make it trivial to have multiple versions
installed.  in fact removing old versions is a manual step and as a
result my workstation has five versions right now.  my likely ssh -Y
targets all have at least two.  but actually *running* two different
versions in parallel is less common, unless testing differences.)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6