RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:09:29 -0700 (PDT)

> > the icon that the wm outs before the text already shows that it is
> > gnu emacs.
>
> Not all wms display an icon. Also, I’m not sure if screen readers for
> visually impaired users do anything useful with the icon; in contrast,
> I’m pretty sure the application name in the title will get read.

Those are two good points, neither of which occurred to me.

But I would expect those to be minority cases.  (I could
be wrong, especially about the icon case.)

The discussion is about the _default_ formatting.
Users can configure frame-title formatting as they like.

Perhaps Emacs could either (1) automatically check for
the app icon, and do something to mitigate its absence,
or (2) make it especially easy for users to do so (e.g.
by providing an alist variable with keys being
`system-type' symbols.