RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:34:17 -0700 (PDT)

>    True.  But I in fact was thinking of the other case:
>    locally running Emacs accessing remote resources
>    (files).  We can at least handle that use case well.
>
>    If we can _also_ somehow handle the case you're
>    talking about, so much the better.
>
> INCF, but should that then also show if e.g., you are accessing a file
> using sudo/su/...?  What if you do multi-hop using tramp?
>
> It might quickly become quite alot of information in the title, that
> we don't even show in the mode-line today.

Right, it's a trade-off.  All choices of default
behavior are trade-offs.

The question is: Which specific info is most
important to show in the frame title, for most users,
most of the time?

In general, I think that the info in the `mode-line'
is also good for the frame title.

Not that we would necessarily show all such info,
or show it in the same way (e.g. same left-to-right
order).  But such info is generally important and
serves to identify what the frame is about (the
current state of its content).