RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 08:10:03 -0700 (PDT)

> > I personally think it makes sense to just do what other modern software
> > does here, but Eli felt that we need more opinions before making any
> > changes.
>
> I'd actually encourage people to think what would
> be useful to show there, not necessarily how to
> follow others' suit.

100% agreement.

> What does this addition add to the information
> displayed on the GUI terminal, and how will it
> be useful -- that's the kind of arguments that
> I hoped to see.

+1.

[I even object to the Subject line: "Modernize...".
It's fine to raise the question about changing the
default behavior.  Spinning this or that change as
more "modern" is not helpful, IMO, and it slants
the poll question.  (I almost said "ridiculous"
instead of "not helpful", but I expect that someone
will complain.)]