Re: Emacs 23.4 arm64 build

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.4 arm64 build
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 21:43:21 +0200

> uname -a
> Linux sacsa 5.6.7-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Apr 24 16:11:00 UTC 2020 armv7l
> GNU/Linux
> ~ $ pacman -Qi emacs23

Ah good idea, I'll look what gentoo does.

>     Philippe> It looks like 23.4 does not build on i386 but this I
>     Philippe> should be able to sort it out.
>
> I have compiled on i686 a month ago with the gentoo patches without
> issue. But perhaps your issue could be 'nokaslr' (kernel aslr)

I have found out that `uname -m` in i386 containers returns x86_64. If
I do `linux32 ./configure (..flags..)` then everything builds alright
for i386.

> Also my emacs23 compilation or arm (32 bits) was with 'CANNOT_DUMP=yes'
> and It is without any x-toolkit. for CI this is not going to work. You
> need a clean compilation same as in i686.

Yeah you just need to disable ASLR when building, and for old images
without X toolkit is ok. People are already happy with the amd64
image, I'm just trying to build the same dockerfile to arm64
(https://github.com/Silex/docker-emacs/blob/master/23.4/ubuntu/14.04/bootstrap/dev/Dockerfile).

I'll try your suggestions and report.

Thanks,
Philippe