Re: Emacs 23.4 arm64 build

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.4 arm64 build
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 19:17:10 +0200

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 7:00 PM Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:
On 5/17/20 4:32 AM, Philippe Vaucher wrote:
> My question is fairly simple: is this a dead end? Should I just give up on
> arm64 Emacs 23.4 images? If you say it'd work with a bit of fighting I'll
> try harder tho.

Undoubted you could get it to work eventually, but my advice is to go with a
later Emacs version that builds without pain.

Thanks. I forgot to say this is related to https://hub.docker.com/r/silex/emacs, so I'm building old images intentionnaly for others to use in CI testing. That's why I'm trying to get 23.4 to build on arm64.

So far 23.4, 25.2-alpine and 25.3-alpine are the only images not building on arm64.

It looks like 23.4 does not build on i386 but this I should be able to sort it out.

Philippe