Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 00:07:05 -0400

  > One thing that I'd like to discuss is whether it's a good idea or not to
  > rename s.el to magnar-string.el.  Maybe there's a way to keep calling it
  > s.el and let every client keep using (require 's).

We could have a file s.el which is not an ordinary file of Lisp,
but rather a special stub for 'require' to access.

(require 's) would load magnars.el, then set up the renamings for the
rest of the containing file so that it can say s-foo and that will be
renamed to magnars-foo.

The s.el file can include a precise list of the necessary renamings
for callers to use.  This woud be updated by scanning magnars.el.

--
Dr Richard Stallman