Re: Making Emacs popular again with a video

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Making Emacs popular again with a video
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 09:04:45 +0200

>   > > For instance at "Introduction" fairly everything in first paragraphs
>   > > IMHO may be dropped resp. should be moved at later sections. Copy
>   > > stuff below for the convenience of the reader here.
>
> Perhaps there is no longer a need to inform the public of those
> three basic capabilities of Emacs.
>
> Do Emacs's current competitors have the same capabilities?
They have pretty much everything but "self-documenting", which should
maybe be referred as "self-retrospecting" feature. They usually rely on
external documentation. For the rest, they have it. Some of them are
created with goal to be like Emacs, just to use more familiar scripting
language then Lisp (i.e. Javascript) (VS Code, Brackets, Atom, etc).