Re: Making Emacs popular again with a video

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Making Emacs popular again with a video
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 15:59:35 -0700

Nathan Colinet <address@hidden> writes:

> We could find someone on reddit, I think a lot of YouTubers are
> following r/linux. To ensure the video quality GNU or FSF might need to
> pay someone to produce it. I have some ideas about the features of emacs
> the video could highlight.

As far as I know, the FSF doesn't have any money set aside for
advertising Emacs.

We are a volunteer run project, so the way these things happen is
generally that someone just takes it upon themselves to do it.

IMHO, a very well thought out screencast could do the job just as well
as a professionally produced video.  All that is required is a bit of
initiative and creativity, I think, perhaps by asking around for
volunteers to help with certain tasks (for example voice recording of a
manuscript).

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas