Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 00:59:49 -0400

     > > This is just a matter of following the good practises that already
     > > exist in Emacs.  It would be a bad idea to start making a mess, and
     > > then encouraging this mess to become larger.

     > Posited on s.el being a mess, which neither it, nor dash.el is. They are
     > both nice APIs that are nice to use.

   I agree with you that s.el, in and of itself, is not a mess.
   I can't speak for AMS, but maybe he would agree.

Indeed I do, and this sums it up well.

   However, adding s.el to Emacs, or to GNU ELPA, would make a mess.  The
   mess would be the juxtaposition of Emacs's own string functions, with
   the s.el string functions -- two different interfaces for the same
   job, similar in some places and disparate in others, in an
   unpredictable way.