Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 14:11:42 -0400

> Would you like to suggest which parts of those libraries are nice in
> your opinon so that they could maybe be added to Emacs, following
> normal Emacs conventions?

I can see 2 main features:
1- A uniform naming that groups things nicely.
2- A short prefix to keep the names concise.

The longish recent discussion about namespace prefixes for core
functions shows solving (1) is *really hard* (tho see the
`prefixed-core` package I just started in elpa.git).

And this discussion shows that (2) is considered as a good enough reason
to try and prevent it not just from being incorporated into Emacs but
even prevent it from being added just GNU ELPA.

IOW, I'm not holding my breath.

        Stefan