Re: elpa part of emacs? [Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: elpa part of emacs? [Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 16:05:47 -0400

> So ELPA to me is an curated list of Emacs packages that the
> maintainers of Emacs feel are useful, and try to follow the same
> standards as the rest of Emacs.

While it is indeed the case for some of the GNU ELPA packages, it's
definitely not the case for all of them, because it's not "curated" in
this sense.
Some would likely qualify as useless, others as poorly written, many
don't follow the coding standards, ...

[ Then again, that also applies to several packages bundled with
  Emacs ;-)  ]

        Stefan