Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 09:05:17 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>            Please keep in mind that we don't _own_ these projects, we
> just contribute to them.  We cannot dictate the project owners how to
> manage their projects.

I sincerely hope that my previous post in this matter was not seen as
dictating.  If so, I failed at communicating my ideas quite badly.

> But trying to change FSF's mind is a waste of breath.

Maybe the FSF will change their mind in the future, maybe not.
We are being told it's down to the lawyers.

In any case, I'm happy to focus on more productive discussions.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas