Re: Proper namespaces in Elisp

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Proper namespaces in Elisp
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 17:49:54 +0100

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 5:42 PM Adam Porter <address@hidden> wrote:

> Since the Names package seems to be mature now, I'm planning to try it.
> But it would be preferable to have built-in namespaces in Elisp.  I'd be
> glad if an idea like the one João mentioned were implemented.

Let me just say that "my idea" was not really thought through.
As far as I know, the only thing that I can more or less guarantee
that would work, because it's been implemented over and
over in different ways and different places, is the CL spec for
packages.  All other ideas seem vapourware or lighted tested
at best, so don't hold your breath.

João