Re: Proper namespaces in Elisp

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: Proper namespaces in Elisp
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 11:39:48 -0500

João Távora <address@hidden> writes:

>> And https://github.com/Malabarba/nameless/.  I'm surprised that this
>> package hasn't seen more adoption.
>
> I think the obvious objection would be: what do I type?  What about
> 'git diff'?  And github/gitlab? I mean, it's a clever hack but it
> would drive me nuts, eventually.

IME it caused issues with indentation: either indentation looked wrong
when the transformations were applied to the display, or indentation
looked wrong in the saved code.  I tried to hack up a
before/after-save-hook to work around it, but it didn't work well for
me.

Since the Names package seems to be mature now, I'm planning to try it.
But it would be preferable to have built-in namespaces in Elisp.  I'd be
glad if an idea like the one João mentioned were implemented.