Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 04:28:09 +0300

On 04.05.2020 04:01, João Távora wrote:
Emacs -Q +  fido-mode
I type C-f string and the only less relevant result i see is lgstring-char,
a super specific function from composite.el used multilangual
support._That_  should be renamed composite-lgstring-char.

I gave some what I see as suboptimal examples. In this case, it's that, for example, rot13-string is sorted before string-to-syntax or string-prefix-p. But that's easy to fix: just ding all non-prefix matches's scores by 1.

Fine. You contend that
newbies use completion. Fine, then mix in info from the manual
into the sorting/grouping of completion results. Newbies prefer
API lists by topic? Then let's make those pretty lists from the
manual, again.

I'm curious to see how that would look in code.