Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 20:49:34 +0100

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 6:43 PM Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Even if I start using apropos and the manual more, I will continue using
> >> code completion and describe-xxx commands nevertheless, and better
> >> naming would still help there.
> Regardless of whether I regularly use the manual or not, it's not okay
> to dismiss subpar code completion experience just because we have
> separate commands that also do a more free-form search.

We really should work on the completion experience instead of naming.
If I can't drive straight, I'm not going to twist the road to compensate.

So, I get along quite nicely with flex + fido-mode with the current naming.
But that doesn't mean we can't improve the completion styles to be as
good as those that have a more free-form search. Reasonably simple
ML techniques come to mind for relevancy scoring, for example.

João