Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 09:40:43 +0200

But it leads to non-idiomatic Emacs Lisp code.  For instance, variadic
functions aren't common in those languages, so you end up with oddities
like s-prepend and s-append, and if that's what the user thinks is
available, then you end up with code like

  (s-append (s-append (s-append "foo" "bar") "zot") "gazonk")

instead of

  (concat "foo" "bar" "zot" "gazonk")

That is, s.el leads to bad Emacs Lisp code, and I don't think it's a
good idea to have something like that (even with less lodash-like name)
in Emacs.

No, there is `s-concat`. People would write

(s-concat "foo" "bar" "zot" "gazonk")

That said it was already said that `s-prepend` and `s-append` were likely to not make it to Emacs core, which is fine by me. It's the other functions I'm more interested in.

Philippe