Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 23:43:03 -0400

  > With a few keystrokes I end up on

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Strings-and-Characters.html.
  > >From there I have to select a topics, read it partially, go back, read
  > another topic,

Could you please give a concrete example of what you mean by this, and
why you find it inconvenient?  I can imagine several possible meanings
for your words, referring to different conceptual levels.

Do you know that if you just start typing SPC SPC SPC... in Info
you will go through the whole contents of that chapter in linear order?

                   all that while skipping paragraphs most of the time (but
  > that can be improved with my keep-lines trick).

It would take mind-reading for documenation to exclude all the parts
of a general topic that you're not interested in at the moment.

--
Dr Richard Stallman