Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 10:09:36 +0200

>   > When I suggested to use C-h d, the response was that this (or the
>   > equivalent index-search in Info) is not the solution being sought.
>
> Why does it fail to do the job?

It doesn't fail, but there are evidently users who want to have that
information without using the documentation features of Emacs, so any
solution based on C-h is not acceptable to them.

While there might be some users who think that way, my workflow is mainly to use `C-h f` to find the help of the function I'm interested in. This is where not properly namespaced libraries are hurting me.

`C-h d` or `apropos` is plan B, and then I have to filter what is relevant and not, and also because the result set of `C-h d` is so big scrolling inside my Emacs becomes sluggish, which is not pleasant. So usually a this point I go online and search, and fall on Xah-Lee's page, EmacsWiki, or stackoverflow.