Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 12:28:01 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Unless I misunderstand what you mean by "Org syntax", I don't think
> users who want to create documents with Org should be required to know
> that syntax.  Instead, there should be commands to help them produce
> correctly formatted snippets.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  AFAICT, there are already several
such commands.

- To insert a new headline, type 'M-RET'.
- To insert a source block, type '< s TAB'.
- To insert org export headers, type ''C-c C-e #'.
- To schedule a headline for later, type 'C-c C-s'.
- To insert a link, type 'C-c C-l'.
- etc.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas