Re: Making Emacs more friendly to newcomers

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more friendly to newcomers
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 09:50:36 -0400

For the record, I have a proof-of-concept package for GNU ELPA which
I call `gnu-elpa` and which just adds "most" of the autoloads found in
GNU ELPA packages (along with the corresponding changes to
`auto-mode-alist`), such that `M-x eglot` or opening a smalltalk file
will prompt the user if they want to install the corresponding package.

It's not as good as activating `eglot` and `company`, but I think such
a `gnu-elpa` package should ideally be bundled with Emacs-28.

        Stefan