Re: Making Emacs more friendly to newcomers

From: Ahmed Khanzada
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more friendly to newcomers
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 23:33:32 -0700

> I'd say Emacs can be made to look just as nice as VS Code with some
> minor tweaks, and yeah it would be nice if Stefan's package (or
> something similar) would be able to suggest Geiser upon opening a Scheme
> (or Racket) file.

I wonder what kind of effect it will have on the community when
packages in the same domain compete to be "anointed" as the package that
Emacs shall recommend for a particular file type or feature.

Or do we approach it like the EU did with web browsers, and when Emacs
boots, we suggest either enabling Ivy, Helm, or Company for text
completion? There are never more than a few packages seriously competing in the
same domain anyway, if one can even call it competition.