Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:06:43 +0300

> Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 20:30:36 +0000
> From: ndame <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>,
> "address@hidden" <address@hidden>, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
>
> > Are these okay?
> >
> > https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Desktop_icons
>
> There are also the KDE icon set, though it's LGPL 3 licensed.
> I don't know if it's OK in Emacs:
>
> https://github.com/KDE/oxygen-icons

Someone™ needs to invest the time and effort to figure out the legal
issues, find the icons that we want out of those which are legally
fit, and post the resulting information.  We did that process at the
time (AFAIR, quite a few of our icons come from Gnome/GTK), and it
wasn't easy.

Alternatively, someone could create our own icons, in which case they
could be even prettier than the ones pointed out here.

In any case, this is a non-trivial job, and volunteers are most
welcome to do it.  I don't think anyone is happy about the icons shown
on the tool bar by Message mode; the only reason we use them is that
we couldn't find better ones that are free and suitable for inclusion
in Emacs.

Thanks.