Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: ndame
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 06:00:33 +0000

> We don't use the native buttons on MS-Windows. The only native
> widgets used on MS-Windows (AFAIR) are the menu bar and the scroll
> bars.

Interesting. I sort of assumed Emacs looks the same everywhere and
thought all emacs users saw these old fashioned buttons if they
open up Customize which I see on Windows.

But if emacs uses native buttons elsewhere then it means Emacs
can look much better on other platforms, at least as far as
we consider GUI widgets.

Wouldn't it make sense to use native controls on every graphical
platform?