Closing displays GTK+ bug (was: "Why is emacs so square?")

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Closing displays GTK+ bug (was: "Why is emacs so square?")
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:26:24 +0200

>> I still run lucid because there is a long term bug in the GTK engine
>> which I don't understand but gets loudly reported whenever you run
>> it. I'm not sure if this is down to the toolkit

Same here.

> This is because GTK+ has a bug that AFAIR they don't intend to fix
> because they don't consider our use of GTK+ important enough (or
> correct, for that matter).

This is the state fo affairs for how long now? More than 10 years?
My guess would be that the GTK+ bug will never be fixed.

I just wonder if it wouldn't be consequent to make multi-tty features
and GTK+ mutually exclude each other. Alternatively, move to Qt instead
of GTK+ (though I can see the NIH argument there).