Re: Log out hanging after X-forwarded emacsclient [Was: Closing displays

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: Log out hanging after X-forwarded emacsclient [Was: Closing displays GTK+ bug]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 17:57:35 -0400

Edd> When I then end emacsclient with C-x # I'm back at the prompt. If I run
Edd> "exit", the prompt is hanging, where I would expect to be logged out of
Edd> machine1 and returned to machine2. Only after I press control-c do I get
Edd> the prompt back:

lots of applications trigger that when forwarding x11 over openssh.

i'm not sure about other ssh implementations, but i've always suspected
a buglet in  ssh(1) or sshd(8).  or maybe in libx11?

perhaps some resource was stored in the x server and ssh holds the
forward open until it is released?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6