Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 06:14:34 +0200

https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/23vtvd/why_is_emacs_sosquare/

> It could improve the square apperance if, for example,
> emacs provided some text properties to specify rounded
> corners with custom radius for background colors.

The thing is, you only care for decorations for a very
short time. After that, you want it as to the point
as possible.

I'm not a GUI Emacs user, but I give you half right
because last time I saw the default GUI Emacs on X it
looked like a Windows 95 application.

OTOH I'm unsure if Emacs does its own buttons. It does?
Or do they conform to the underlying look and feel, in
which case maybe one should configure the underlying OS
(e.g., the window manager, graphical/widget toolkit,
Xresources etc).

My opinion is we should make Emacs look _so cool_, and
then when people start using it they'll just remove
everything (but continue to use Emacs).

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573