Re: interactive feel of Emacs: the need for speed, and -Q [measure.el]

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: interactive feel of Emacs: the need for speed, and -Q [measure.el]
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 01:00:45 +0200

Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:

> I'm not prepared to respond in detail right now, but
> I will ask a couple of questions that pop into my head
> [...]

Maybe it is my imagination but I do think this made
it faster. Not the first option, but I include
it anyway.

(setq inhibit-default-init t)
(setq garbage-collection-messages t)
(setq gc-cons-threshold 2000000)

> `after-change-functions' [...]

This seems to be (jit-lock-after-change t) in most
edit modes.

> headache [...]

I'm sorry to hear that :( Stretching works for me...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573